Every day more owners decide to protect their home with a home alarm. The security system has been proven to be the most efficient way to protect any type of home. If you are thinking of hiring a home alarm, we invite you to read this article and discover all the information related to them.
How home alarms work
Home alarms are electronic security systems that allow you to monitor a home and protect it mainly from theft, trespassing, and occupation, although they are increasingly developed and allow the control of other activities such as the control of thermostats.
Currently, there are many security system companies that offer different alarm equipment, although, in general, the operation of the alarm is usually always the same. It is briefly explained below:
- The house was broken into.
- The sensors and detectors, located in strategic places in the house, detect the movement of the thief, and the alarm is triggered.
- The information collected by the sensors and detectors is immediately sent to the Alarm Receiving Center (CRA) for a security expert to examine and verify whether or not it is an emergency.
- At this time, there are two possibilities:
- If it is a false alarm, the expert only alerts the owner and informs him of what happened.
- If it is an emergency, the expert notifies the Police and Security Services to come to the house. It will also notify the owner to inform him.
Why is it important to hire a home alarm
The number of burglaries and burglaries continues to rise, especially in the summer months when thieves take advantage of the increase in vacant homes. Homeowners are increasingly aware of this problem and are choosing different ways to protect their homes while on vacation.
Of all the methods that exist, the one that has become more popular in recent years for its versatility and effectiveness is the security system of home alarm. It is important to understand that alarms do not guarantee that theft and break-ins will be avoided in all cases, but they allow:
- Reduce the risk of burglary, since it is proven that a thief will always prefer to enter a home that is not protected.
- Deter the thief and urge him to flee, especially alarms that have an interior or exterior siren.
- React immediately to the break-in, which limits the thief’s ability to act
- The detectors and alarm sensors provide images of thieves that facilitate identification.
Home alarms mainly have the following functions:
- Protect against theft and break-in
- Avoid occupation
- Have comprehensive control of the home
Alarms to prevent burglary and burglary
The theft is the main reason for trespassing. Thieves enter mainly empty houses and preferably that are not protected with an alarm so that the possibility of being surprised is the least possible.
The objects most sought after by thieves are money and jewelery and, to a lesser extent, electronic devices or clothing .
The most basic home alarm kits are designed to prevent theft thanks to different types of detectors and sensors, among which the motion detector with a built-in camera stands out , as it greatly facilitates the verification process and provides very valuable information when the break-in occurs.
Additionally, other alarm accessories can be attached to the alarm that increases the security system against burglary and burglary.
Alarms to avoid occupation
The occupation is a social movement that was born in the 1970s or so. It consists of taking as accommodation, without having permission or paying for it, a property that is uninhabited, either temporarily or permanently.
There are no very specific data on the number of occupied houses in Australia, but it is estimated that the number exceeds 90,000 houses . Only in Australia, the number of occupied properties is 3,000, and, according to other estimates, the number would be close to 3,700 homes.
Installing an alarm or security system has proven to be the most effective anti-squatting method .
Having a home alarm installed and signaling it on the facade to make it evident is in itself a deterrent method that will discourage most squatters from even trying to break into the property, as they will always prefer a home that is unprotected.
If even by signaling the alarm or security system, squatters decide to raid your property, simply by having an alarm or security system, the eviction method will be immediate. The Police will make the squatters leave their homes after receiving the notice.
When you do not have a squat alarm or security system for your home, the eviction process is very complicated, expensive, and long. It lasts between eight months and two years and the owners pay an average of $ 2,000 during the process if they take into account:
- Expenses of the judicial process : lawyers, fees, experts, etc.
- Electricity and water costs during the occupation.
- Expenses for destruction .
- Potential expenses for not being able to use the home while it was occupied for.
Alarms for the comprehensive control of the home
Although it is also related to the security system of the home, this functionality is more focused on facilitating daily tasks for the owner.
The integral control housing refers to the ability of the owner to:
- View images or videos of your home in real-time.
- Carry out everyday tasks from the comfort of your mobile phone such as turning lights on and off, raising and lowering blinds, etc.
- Automate tasks like turning on irrigation or controlling your home thermostat
Home automation associated with alarms is a relatively new concept that is rapidly making its way. Not all security system companies offer these services, but, to a greater or lesser extent, they incorporate accessories and alarm components that facilitate some activities.
In the coming years, its development will be appreciated and all the functionalities that the alarms can have will be seen.
Increase the security of your home alarms
If you are interested in maximizing the security system of your home, there is the possibility of adding other security methods to the alarm to enhance its effectiveness.
The following are the most effective additional security measures when combined with a home alarm .
- Home insurance: hiring good home insurance is one of the best investments you can make to protect your home. Home insurance has special clauses for theft cases to compensate you financially.
- Safe – Safes are placed in hidden and hard-to-reach locations, allowing any valuables to be safely stored
- Bolt Lock: The bolt lock has proven to be a very simple and inexpensive method, but highly effective and very safe. Opening this type of lock is not easy and requires the use of special tools.
- Windows with anti-shatter glass: anti-shatter glass is a great complement to alarms since they make it extremely difficult to enter a home.
- Armored doors: Armored doors are doors that have a metal sheet inside and several high-security locks. Manipulating and opening these doors without the key is a complicated and time-consuming task and cannot go unnoticed. For this reason, armored doors are a great complement to alarm systems.